Sunday, August 16, 2009

A New Direction

Eliza has been having some, well, digestive issues recently that may or may not be caused by my consumption of dairy. There’s only one way to find out, so for at least the next two weeks I’m going to be dairy free. Hopefully this small adjustment to my diet will help Little E’s tummy problems.

But don’t most yummy desserts require oodles of butter and cream and such? Not necessarily. I have been a vegetarian for several years (with a brief hiatus while I was pregnant) and even spent a few months as a vegan, so I know for a fact that cruelty-free deliciousness does exist. If you don’t believe me, try the vegan cookies and cream cake at Whole Foods—it’s out-of-this-world good.

I have almost no experience with vegan baking, so this next couple of weeks (or months, if dairy is indeed the culprit) will be a true learning experience. I have no intention of quitting my blog; instead, I’m just going to make dairy-free desserts for a while. I’m sure there will be a few missteps, but I hope to discover some truly wonderful recipes along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment