Saturday, July 18, 2009

Welcome!

I love dessert and I love to bake. Someday I will go to pastry school, but until that’s feasible I’m going to learn everything I can about the pastry arts on my own. My goal in creating this blog is simple: to celebrate and document all things dessert. I’d like to bake at least one new item each week, and post about the result, whether it is a success or a failure.

Another of my goals is to get out and experience all the desserts that Austin has to offer. I’ve lived here for two years and I have no idea where to get the best chocolate chip cookie, or fresh baguette, or pumpkin pie. I know that Austin has a lot of unique resources and I’m ready to hit the mean streets looking for the best of the best.

I hope, above all else, that D is for Dessert is entertaining. I warmly welcome any suggestions for topics to cover or restaurants to visit, so please don’t hesitate to share. I’m always open to new ideas.

Thanks for reading, and welcome to D is for Dessert!

1 comment:

  1. Your blog scares me, another dessert lover. Now I want to bake (and eat) the French toast-pudding ... and I live alone! I know that every week I'll be confronted with tantalizing, weight-bearing sweetness. Which reminds me--cupcakes. Our local supermarket (you know the one in Rochester) has been into cupcakes for awhile, and now they're touting their BUTTERCREAM frosting. I had to try the cupcakes, of course, and the frosting is all that it should be, but the cake ...feh! Not at all at the same level. It's like putting a gold crown on a false tooth. Or something.

    ReplyDelete